If you’ve started looking into steroids, you may be feeling a little overwhelmed. There is so much different (and conflicting) information out there. There’s a lot of unreliable sources and scams to filter through before you can get to a reliable source that offers the real deal and straight talk about steroids.
To make matters even more confusing, there are SO MANY different steroids out there. And they all have different benefits and side effects. Trying to separate fact from fiction and then separate the good from the bad steroids can seem like a never ending uphill battle.
This article will give you a place to start. We’ll talk about the steroids that are actually being used by the pro body builders who know their stuff. You’ll learn what they do, what their side effects are, and what kind of doses you should be working with.
The Top Steroids Among The Pros
Here are the top 5 steroids that real pros tend to favor in their competition cycles:
- Testosterone Enanthate: this is a pretty common bulking steroid among pros and amateurs alike. Pros likes it because it is super effective for bulking up. It’s probably the best one to start with if you’ve never used steroids before. Start with a low dose of 250 mg per week for 4 to 6 week cycle.
- Dianabol: this is by far the most popular of the bulking steroids. It is super potent and effective so even the pros keep their doses to very moderate levels. As a beginner, we don’t recommend any more than 20 mg per day for a 4 to 6 week cycle.
- Trenbolone: this is a fantastic bulking steroid that pros use to really pack on mass and see those rapid gains that they need. Unfortunately, in can come with some pretty severe side effects because it’s so potent. So start cautiously with lower doses of no more than 50 mg every other day for a 4 to 6 week cycle. Due to its potency, you definitely want to try trenbolone by itself before you combine it into any stacks.
- Equipoise: this one is popular among the pros because it’s pretty versatile. At the same time that it helps you bulk up and pack on mass, it’s also helping to burn off extra body fat so you end up with a very nice sculpted look. As a beginner, start with 400 mg per week for a 4 to 6 week cycle.
- Winstrol: pros like this one not for its bulking effects but for its lean muscle building effects. It is especially great if you also need to burn off body fat at the same time that you are gaining muscle mass. For a beginner, keep your dose to about 50 mg every other day (don’t take daily) for a 4 to 6 week cycle.
Tips For Beginners
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’ve never done steroids before:
- Don’t do as the pros do. You should definitely look to the pros to see what they are using but don’t follow the same cycles or dosages that they are doing. They’ve been doing this for a while. Their bodies have adjusted to the steroids. They understand how each steroid affects them. You need to start with much smaller doses and much shorter cycles so that you can see exactly how steroids affect your body.
- Start with just one. Many pros do steroid stacks where they do a cycle that combines multiple different steroids. This is something you can do eventually but at the beginning, you need to do cycles of just one at a time so you can understand exactly what each steroid is doing in your body.
- Start with low doses. Your body has never experienced steroids before. If you start with the high doses that pros are using, you will shock your system and put yourself at serious risk for real damage. Start with the lowest recommended doses. Give your body time to adapt and adjust.
- Do off cycles. This is something any pro will tell you. If you do a 4 week cycle of steroids, you need to follow it up with a 4 week off cycle where you don’t use any steroids at all. The off cycle should always be the same length as the on cycle.
- Get bloodwork done first. Before you start a steroid cycle, you should get your bloodwork done. You want to have a baseline to know what your hormone levels are at now so you can see how steroids have affected you. You also want to get your cholesterol level, blood pressure, and liver checked because steroids will affect all of these.
- Get bloodwork done during and after. You should get these tests done 3 or 4 times a year so you can closely monitor the changes that are happening in your body. This will help you keep tabs on any side effects and know whether or not the steroids are really doing what you want them to do.
There is a lot to consider before you make the leap and start a steroid regimen. Make sure you have all the information you need and know exactly what your goals are as well as what you can reasonably expect from the steroids you are considering. There’s no such thing as being too well informed when it comes to steroids!